Laser Engraving Promotional Compendium
Promotional merchandise such as leather compendiums are a good idea as they create brand awareness while being cost-efficient. They can be used for a long time and your business can enjoy maximum exposure. Of course, they needed to be printed or branded to display your company logo. There are plenty of printing processes to choose from and one of them is laser engraving.
The Process of Laser Engraving
A technique which employs the use of laser light, laser engraving does not require use of any tools or inks. Essentially, it involves the burning of text or logo into the fabric. The resulting image is very much detailed but the quality is generally dependent on the submitted artwork. A lot of promotional items are branded using this print process such as key rings, metal pens and even watches.
Why Laser Engraving
There are plenty of reasons why you should consider having your promotional compendiums personalised via laser engraving. Among them are:
- Works well with small print area
- Images are accurately branded
- Superb quality image result
- Long-lasting; printed images are not likely to fade
- Faster turnaround as the print process is fast
On the other hand, laser engraving does not allow colour printing and are actually ideal for small imprint areas only.
If you choose to have your promotional compendium engraved, here are some of the things to keep in mind:
- Submit artwork in Adobe Vector for detailed image. Jpeg formatted-artwork is acceptable provided they are of high quality.
- For leather compendiums, laser engraving work best with tan or brown –coloured leathers as the image will be much more visible. For black leather, you can choose to have your company logo engraved on a metal plate, which will then be affixed to the compendium.